So Oprah and Gayle might not have enjoyed camping, but they need to go camping with me…camping is wonderful. Especially if you’re at a beautiful lake. So here’s my top 10. (Not in any order, other than the way they pop into my mind!)
1. Sitting quietly in the early morning with my coffee, listening to the water hit the shoreline, and the birds sing…peaceful.
2. Paper plates and plastic silverware. And My Big Boy does most of the cooking cuz it’s on the grill.
4. After a day of boating I have a better suntan than from 3 weeks in the tanning bed.
5. The neighbors are always nice. They’re kicked back and having a good time too.
6. No make-up.
7. No deadlines. Wake up when you want, go to bed when you want.
8. Nighttime stars and the Big Dipper.
9. Enjoying the simple things in life. Rocks that are fossils and rolypoly bugs.
10. Everything, absolutely everything, stays at home. Bills, laundry, house cleaning, worries. Just go to the lake and leave it at home for a few days. (although I did bring the laptop!)
It reminds me of a song I sang as a little girl in Sunday School.
“For the beauty of the earth, for the glory of the skies, for the love which from our birth, over and around us lies. Lord of all to thee we raise, this our song of grateful praise.”
I’m thankful, I’m blessed, and I’m relaxing at the lake!
Blessings to you 🙂